Saturday, January 3, 2009

Play / Work

Eating:  just had a salad from Chopt
Drinking:  water
Listening:  conference call
 
Just did a very watered down, but still brutal, to me anyway, version of Murph.  .5 mile hill climb, 50 pulldowns (120, 110, 100, 90 chin, 90), 30 pushups, 50 15# bosu squats (although the first and last ten were on a wobble board), .5 mile hill climb.  Should have done more pushups and squats, but I was running out of time.  I went totally lactic on the pulldowns and the pushups and it felt awful.  I am still in pretty bad shape.  Did the hill climbs in just over 9 min, just under 9 min, speed between 3 and 3.5.  I just can't believe that anyone can do 100 pullups and 200 pushups.  I could do 300 squats, maybe, but it would be a max effort.  I guess that's the point.
 
I also spun the Monstermobile around the park yesterday in about 42 minutes (rough estimate).  That was great fun.  I watched her by myself all yesterday, what a joy.  She is such a sweetie.  The running part felt great too, although I was slapping a bit.  Based on something from the Pose website that I bumped into today, I think my mid/forefoot landing is ok, but it should be under my hips.  That is currently the missing link. 

No comments: