Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Post-NYR Bounce

Eating: nothing, waiting for DL to get back to me about lunch
Drinking: lots of water
Listening: Gamelan of Central Java 9
 
I am going to go to Ben Ash with a book for lunch.  Just decided that.  It's kind of expensive but fuck it. 
 
Just did pullups 1-1-1-1-1, then 4 x (10 50# lunges, 10 50# bosu squats, 10 50# swings, 10 pushups).  I was supposed to do 5, but I was pretty wiped out, and it's NYE and I don't want to kill myself. 
 
Two observations.  One, the rush or buzz that comes from lifting weights, or at least the kind of Crossfitty activities that I think of as lifting weights, is a much more pleasurable feeling than the aftermath of a 45' hillclimb.  Two, after reading a chilling post on Modern Forager, I am concerned that I am not doing enough that is skiing / touring specific.  I have a month and a half left before my big trip and I don't feel that strong.  I need to step the fuck up. 
 
And, another observation.  I am still not eating right.  Not enough protein and not enough vegetables.  Not sure about Ben Ash, their soup is pretty shitty.  Maybe I'll get Korean instead.

No comments: