Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Low Morale

Eating: some pistachios and some dried raspberries courtesey of staying here until 4 the other night
Drinking:  water
Listening:  nothing, because I am too apathetic to stand up, walk over to the other side of my office, and get my iPod out of the Redweld that I keep my shoes in
 
Today was a Crossfit rest day.  Crossfit Endurance asked for a 60 minute time trial.  When I read that, I thought: I'll do half.  By the time I had spent the greater part of the day spacing out in my office, that no longer seemed like such a good idea.  So, I did 20 minutes.  Note this is still the longest distance I've run in at least a month.  I managed 2.31 miles.  The Running Times time / distance calculator tells me that is an 8:39 pace, which would get me through a marathon in 4:25.  That is pretty slow, which would be fine if I had felt it to be easy, but I didn't, I thought it was awful, and my face was purple by the time I finished.  Another issue is that my ankles again felt pretty tight.  It seems pretty clear that I should be running again, and at a slower pace.  I need to be careful about technique.
 
I have not felt that great lately.  Part of the problem obviously has to do with working too late and lack of sleep, but I feel lethargic in general. 

No comments: