Monday, December 22, 2008

Progress

Eating: just had some chicken and vegetables from the caf
Drinking: water
Listening: Here Comes Sunshine
 
So, today was looking ambiguous in terms of busyness.  I had to write several harassing emails this morning, but then it looked like there was a window so I decided to go for it.  I got to the gym around 11 and hit the treadmill with the intention of going for 40 minutes.  After about a minute it occured to me to look for ankle weights.  Lo and behold, they have them!  So, I did a full 40 minutes, speeds between 2.6 and 2.9, heartrate on either side of 140, with 4 lbs on each foot!  It's really a lot like skinning, very slog-like. 
 
I was listening to Pema Chodron too.  I don't know how much of it I'll remember, though.  I meant to type out what she said, but I can only kind of remember the feel of it. 

No comments: