Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sort Of Nasty Girls

Eating:  two apples
Drinking:  nothing
Listening:  rain on the window
 
I did a scaled-down version of the WOD (Nasty Girls).  3 x (50 40# squats, 5 pullups, 5 dips, 10 40# hang cleans).  It took me almost exactly 25'.  The squats were hard but I made it through without too much drama.  Weirdly they get easier to do, I just needed to take longer and longer breaks as I went on.  The pullups were hard as expected.  First 5 were one set, then I think 3, 2, then 1, 1, and 3 chinups, so kind of a cheat there, although I did lift my head past the bar under my own power.  The hang cleans were surprisingly challenging even at such a light weight, and presented a good chance to stretch out my twice-broken right wrist, which is obviously and significantly less flexible than my left. 
 
I then spent about 15 minutes in the sauna.  Longer than I had planned, and long enough to really feel it, and really feel the coolness of the air when I got out.  In sum: I feel incredibly good. 

No comments: