Monday, December 1, 2008

Belated Updating

On Thursday (Thanksgiving) I did a warmup of ten pushups, 20 situps, and some lunges.  I think.  Need to be more systematic about the warmups.  Then I did a 20' round of 10 squats, 5 pushups, 6 windmill toe-touches (three per side) and 5 waist to overhead presses of our heavy-ass food processor.  It felt very good, quite invigorating, and I wasn't too burned out at then end.  I think I did 12 or 13 rounds, but it may have been 14. 

On Saturday I did a 15 pushup (one go!), 20 situp warmup and then a 4, 2 run in the park.  I started out very fast and feeling really good, but I must have been slapping because my left ankle is like it's in a cast now.  No good.  I also ran out of breath a couple times, hated the hills, and generally felt like a cripple.  I started to suspect that the tendons on the sole of my left foot are actually too loose and don't absorb enough.  Not fun. 
 
Yesterday after the Monster went to dreamland the Wife did her short pilates session so I took the 13 minutes that afforded me and did circuits of 5 pushups with feet on a chair, ten stepups (2 steps on our staircase, 5/side) and 10 overheads of the Cusinart.  Felt pretty good.  I am freaked out by the bad run though. 

No comments: