Tuesday, January 6, 2009

RTFO

Eating:  nothing, going to go up to the caf after typing
Drinking:  I just had, if you can believe it, a bottle of Gatorade (Frost flavor); other than that, nothing, certainly not enough water
Listening:  "Cargo Culte", thanks to Youtube, the A Feng pick for best song of all time
 
Just had a very good and even redemptive trip to the gym.  I had planned to go earlier this morning, and in fact went, even though work was intruding, but got down there to realize I had forgotten my shoes.  So, I went back down just now and did 45' on the incline and 100 bosu tucks.  I did the first 25' around 2.6 to 2.7 with 5# weights, but they kept sliding down and falling off - the velcro was worn out.  I went to replace them and the 4#s were missing so I used the 10#.  Jackpot.  Exactly like skinning.  I could slow down to 2.1 / 2.2 and still keep my HR around 140.  Doing the bosu tucks was also very affirming because it's exactly the sort of thing I typically plan to do and then don't.  I did 50, my legs were burning, and I kept at it and finished.  A really good feeling. 
 
On Sunday night I did a tabata of box jumps in the apartment and then tried to do a 13' Pilates video with the Wife.  I made it 6' in.  Oh well.  The tabata was actually pretty easy, probably because I'm not coordinated enough to do the jumps fast.  Maybe next time I'll do 10 rounds?
 
So, the plan for the next couple of days is: if I did a hike on the day before, I'll do Crossfit, but if I didn't, I'll do a hike.  Hikes should be followed or supplemented by some other ski-specific move such as bosu tucks, bosu squats, balance board versions, box jumps, whatever. 

No comments: