Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mercifully Brief

Eating: almonds and chocolate
Drinking: I promise I will get up and refill my water bottle as soon as I am done typing
Listening:  MBEK
 
Just did a modification of yesterday's WOD, which was thrusters 1-1-1-1-1-1-1.  Weights were barbells 25 - 30 - 35 - 40 - *45 - 40 - 40 - 40.  Left arm failed on 45.  My OHP is so weak that I'm not sure it makes sense to do thrusters for weight - it's as though there is no squat component at all. 
 
I also read a bit today about Drew's personal program, which led me to the HIT FAQ on his site.  He recommends 8-12 reps of a single weight.  I would like to progress to being able to do lots of pullups, so I did 150# pulldowns and managed 9, and dips and did 10. 
 
All in all, a very short program.  I feel pretty good though.  Buzzed, you might say.  When I got back to the office I was craving sugar, like a brownie or something, so I gave myself a double ration of dark chocolate.
 
Yesterday I went out to lunch at La G. with JM and others and had a lot to drink.  Not enough that I couldn't work but certainly enough to make going to the gym totally out of the question.  J's friend J came over for dinner last night and we had a lot more wine.  He was kind of a douche but it rolled right off of me.  The meditation must be working.  Also, I have practiced shakuhachi for ten minutes each night this week.  I still can't reliably make a sound, but that can't be too far off at this point. 

No comments: