Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Nice Girls

Eating: a Granny Smith and some nuts
Drinking: water
Listening: A Clean Break
 
Just repeated a workout I did in December (I think): 3 x [50 45# squats, 5 pullups, 5 dips, 10 45# power cleans], plus a warm up of 2 x [10 pushups, 10 situps].  The only difference is that I used the big bar instead of a 40# soft bar, and that I didn't sub in any chinups.  Anyway.  It was hard.  I said apropos of squats last time that they got easier as I went on, and that was certainly true this time, but they were very hard at first, and I had real misgivings about doing them after the tucks yesterday.  Still, I made it through, and by the end it didn't seem like much of an effort at all.  The pullups were horrible.  By the end I was doing them one at a time and kind of halfassing it.  I need to do more pulldowns at a lighter weight.  Pushups were very hard too.  The power cleans seem kind of pointless at that weight.

No comments: