Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Punching Below My Weight

Eating:  Chop't harvest cobb and a piece of dark chocolate
Drinking:  water
Listening:  I Zimbra
 
This morning BK asked if I wanted to hit the heavy bag.  We've been talking about it for a while.  I have a lot of stuff to do, but I figured I could squeeze in some time this morning given that everyone else on my team is otherwise occupied.  I did 5 1' rounds.  It felt pretty good.  I think we're going to make it a once-a-week thing.  Did some pushups as a warmup and in between rounds too.  Then I got on the treadmill and did 40' with the weights.  Started out at 2.7, then down to 2.5-2.6, then up to 3.0 for the last 5 minutes.  Also felt good.  I then tried to do an easy version of the WOD, which is overhead squats 3-3-3-3-3.  I picked 30#, easily pressed it, and started to go down.  About 1/4 of the way down I stopped.  I had to push myself into the rest of the squat, and it kind of threw out my back!  What the hell?  I need to watch a video of someone doing that.  It never occurred to me that it would be that much harder than regular squats. 

No comments: