Monday, January 12, 2009

Snatched From the Jaws of Sloth

Eating:  nuts, chocolate, a Granny Smith
Drinking:  water
Listening:  Secret Chiefs
 
Just did 40' with the 10# anklets.  I then did only 40 bosu tucks.  What can I say, I did them in one set, and work is kind of intense right now.  The climb was good, as I managed to fight through a period of dullness (look at something and bring it in to sharp focus) and a period of tenseness (let yourself relax completely).  Pema is helping.  The last two techniques are from her.  She is getting in to the be like a log teaching, so I'm excited for Wednesday. 
 
Yesterday and the day before I took pretty long walks (yesterday's was especially long) with the little chomper on my back.  We were up at Castle Greyskull and just came back yesterday afternoon.  I had planned to run or jump last night but the Wife prevailed and got me to cook the bacon fried rice, bean shoots and mixed mushrooms instead.  I did douse, and I also meditated for 15 minutes.  On Friday I hung out with DC, AL and AL's friend from GZ, who was kind of a disappointment.  I had huge quantities of green (kiseru method was a resounding success), two beers (one of which was a Six Point and absolutely delicious) and two cigarettes.  I also had two glasses of prosecco on Saturday night.  I still feel like my +/- abstinence is a good thing - I would have had four times that much alcohol on a typical weekend.  If not more.  I had a very late night at work on Thursday (5 AM) but doused and meditated in the morning. 
 
I think I'll go to Tea Box for lunch. 

No comments: