Monday, June 8, 2009

Wish List

Here are some things that I would like to work on:
  • Drink less coffee and more tea.  I love tea, it's better for you, and it's cheaper. 
  • Eat lean meat at every meal.  I am not ready for full paleo, especially as I like dairy too much, but this practice could offset quite a bit of grain.
  • Only eat grain when someone else has prepared it for me.  I have been treating myself way too often.  There is no need to have a scone or croissants for breakfast.  Yes, standing in Zibetto and having breakfast there is pleasant, and yes, the corner restaurant has incredibly good scones and they are convenient, but I just don't feel as good later in the day when I eat these things. 
  • Limit tobacco consumption to two products in two sessions every seven days.  Drinking and smoking cigarettes mutually encourage one another, and I've been doing too much of both lately.  An occasional cigarette is fine, and I think two per week is "occasional" enough. 
  • Drink less.  I don't have a rule for this.  I was thinking of taking seven days off, but my inclination is just to be a little more mindful about it.
  • Try skipping dinner.  Not going to do it tonight, because tomorrow is soccer, but I hope to actually do this once this week. 
  • When I find myself spacing, get away from the desk for five minutes.  Get up and drink some water.  Go talk to someone.  I still spend far too much time ignoring what I have to do and looking at a computer screen. 
  • Meditate.  It's OK to use caffeine as a crutch. 

No comments: