Wednesday, June 24, 2009

400m "Sprints"

(yesterday)
4 x trail 400m
 
Times:
1:34
1:25
1:54
1:44
 
I started at the parking lot end.  Clearly running the other way is faster for some reason, maybe because it starts with a nice gentle flat piece.  I didn't feel as puky as I do after a tabata, but it was a good workout nonetheless.  I guess the plan is to cycle through tabata / 30/60 / 400m, although I think I should probably throw in a mile or two of normal running with each sprint session for good measure. 
 
I've been talking to BK about his own marathon preparations.  He's running with Team in Training, and they are setting up courses so that pace can be measured.  I looked on the gmaps pedometer and amazingly it is exactly one mile from the 9th Street crosswalk to the last tree on the right at the Park Circle corner of the park.  So, I can pace a mile there, although I'll have to do it in both directions and average, as it's downhill.  Also, it's exactly half a mile from the middle of the 6th / 7th block to the curb at GAP. 

No comments: