Monday, June 22, 2009

Punch Punch

deadlift bar x 25
squat bar x 25
 
box Welcome to the Jungle - WWIII - Stanley Kubrick
bare knuckle first half of Slip It In
 
steam - hot shower - cold shower
 
So, 11 minutes of boxing plus maybe 3 of bare knuckle.  Pretty weak.  Not totally sure why I took the gloves off so early.  Bare knuckle is pretty unpleasant - my range is thrown off, and every punch is like cold water in the face, surprisingly painful and disorienting.  I watched parts of two videos over lunch and so I was being a little more creative than usual. 
 
My calves and hamstrings are still pretty torched from yesterday's run, so I did some stretchweightlifting to loosen up my legs.  I think it worked.  I feel a lot more comfortable sitting at my desk than I did before I went down there. 
 
Had a weird dream last night about events in a winter hybrid of Nelson and Montpelier, a bear attack at the back door, reunion with a seven- or eight-year-old son ... it was very confusing and I had a really hard time getting out of bed. 

No comments: