Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sprint Tabata

Well, I got 'er done.  Sprints back and forth on the little trail in front of my house, using that Tabata timer again.  Next time I think I'll try the plain beeps so I can get more out of the tree sounds.  Anyway.  I read this excellent article on the way home, and it put me in the mood to go all out.  I warmed up with a little jog, maybe three minutes.  Felt pretty good except my left big toe, which is kind of a bloody mess in general, didn't feel great before starting.  My first sprint was at mach 10, branches all flying past, stormtroopers right on my tail.  The second one was pretty good too, but they did not get faster after that.  By maybe the fifth I was in pure survival mode, trying to not take a digger or get a broken ankle.  I have been trying to not clockwatch lately, but eventually I folded and looked at the timer and was pleasantly surprised to find that I only had one left.  I really turned it on and burned everything I had left.  Getting back up the stairs was agony.  Scratchy throat puky wanting to die.  It took about ten minutes, plus some water and vinegar, olives, prosciutto, and cherry tomatoes before I felt like a person again. 

Last night I ended up totally failing on the fast.  I got home and the wife had made delicious salmon.  Oh well.

No comments: