Monday, September 8, 2008

Tennis et cetera

Eating: a larabar and two Starbursts at 4
Listening: the live webcast of Federer v. Murray
Drinking: long late steeps of the Laobanzhang

Between the last post and my 4 pm call, I didn't really get much done with the drafting, although it was more than I've done in the last week, so I guess that's something. I spent some time looking at wood-burning camping stoves on the internet and reading about winter camping in general. I have this mental image of making matcha from melted snow among the tall still subalpine firs (I think they are firs) of British Columbia, and using twigs from said firs as fuel, and it's a nice image, but my job is undoubtedly more important. Back from the call, I sat right down and hammered out the drafting, and sent it to JS. It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty close to working, and it's good to move the ball forward a bit.

I was getting pretty sleepy on the phone, maybe thanks to the Starburst. I need to think about office snacks. I haven't yet found anything that makes me not hungry but not asleep.

The tail end of the Laobanzhang is so good. It is so sweet and round. I had completely forgotten how good this stuff is. And last I checked I have a lifetime supply of it (the 2006 anyway).

Federer, of course, started fucking up as soon as I turned on the webcast. Not that I can control that.

No comments: