Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Semi-frantic morning

Eating: I had some cereal an hour and a half ago
Listening: Nothing but I may put on some Fela
Drinking: Water? I had some iced coffee on the train
Reading: Joko on awareness yesterday on the train, Claudia Roden last night in bed, an academic paper on autonomy on the train

I am torn between obsessing about meeting MR and fretting about how to explain to YC et al that I haven't done anything. I actually was able to settle into reading some regs last night, but only once I was on the train. Spent the last hour or so at work looking at Youtube, mainly. The reading was nice though because it showed that the task is not beyond my abilities. This morning (time permitting) I may try to do a blackline of the 97 regs against the 04 regs.

I ran after getting home, as planned. 2.1 miles. I also did pushups, 9 8 6 5. The pushups are getting easier. The running was fine too, although I did notice that I was pronating a lot - the outside edge of my foot is completely flat when I stand.

I had kind of a weird morning with the Tiny Monster. She didn't seem that interested in hangin out with me. I haven't seen her in the evenings in a while, which might be the reason.

While meditating last night I daydreamed a lot, and thought about the Joko passage that I had read on the way home, which said something like some people can sit on the cushion and daydream for 20 years. Is that something I should worry about? I don't know that I can stop myself from daydreaming, and it may be better, or at least constructive in some way, to sit still even if I'm spacing out.

No comments: