Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Still Got It

Eating: yet another Chop't salad
Drinking: agua
Listening: Serge G, nuit d'octobre

Just got back from the gym, where I walked 30' at 3.2 (15 incline, of course) and did pushups (10 8 6 6) with my feet on the extra large ball. The pushups felt good, and I went to pretty much the point of exhaustion. A little annoyed to be in some kind of Groundhog Day situation w/r/t pushups - permanently stuck on the last day of the 100 pushups program. Oh well. I felt strong.

I am having weird feelings in the bottom of my foot, specifically in the big toe part of the ball of my left foot. Still very worried about pronation. I need to remember to keep it nice and slow for now. I just found this stretching program, which is great, but I need to actually do it, and that is not going to be easy. Of course, nothing is easy.

I am finally reading the Vimalakirti sutra (the Thurman translation, from Tibetan, which is supposedly a truer version than Xuantang or Kumarijiva) and I have to say I find the discursive Indian sutra style very annoying. Why is it annoying? It is annoying because it is repetitive. Why is it repetitive? It is repetitive because even if the bhagavan repeated the dharma more times than there are grains of sand in all the jewel-encrusted universes of the trillion brahmas and indras, some people would still totally miss the point. God, I don't even have the energy to diss this book. I need caffeine. I don't have any water here, so it becomes a production. BK has an espresso machine but he has other shit that he needs to do. Oh well.

No comments: