Monday, September 29, 2008

New Year

Eating: I had some cereal in the caf
Drinking: nothing
Listening: Satie

I have been here for an hour and a half, but I don't have much to show for it. I had an insane weekend, with the parents visiting and lots of cooking to do for the Rosh Hashanah dinner we are hosting. I did manage to run the whole Prospect Park loop yesterday (3.3 miles) but that was the only exercise that happened. I am today surprisingly sore from the experience - it's so important to stretch, and I haven't been doing it regularly. Another interesting thing is that I feel really weak in the legs, which shouldn't be the case. I can't remember if I walked up the stairs for food or not.

Yesterday I worked like a goddamned machine, though. I just sat down and gave 'er. My mom was around (watching the LM - the others had gone to the store) and I expected her to talk too much and make it impossible to get anything done, but she did just the opposite. I clearly need to set up some kind of strategy with SWMBO whereby she doesn't call out to me every three minutes about some irrelevant task she needs me to do when I am working. Another thing is that my mom didn't resent the fact that I was working instead of helping her with the dishes.

My dream last night included a vision of Westmount with another mountain behind it, quite tall and steep and also covered with houses, so close that if felt like I could touch it, but with a deep valley between me and it. I was surprised that it was there - I had never noticed it after all those years in Montreal - but I felt like it was something I had dreamed about before.

No comments: