Monday, September 15, 2008

Daihatsu weekend; RIP DFW

Eating: just had some leftover pot-au-feu
Drinking: water
Listening: nothing, because I left my iPod at home

All told I had a fun weekend, although my overall anxiety level is rising. We had S and M over for brunch on Saturday, and T and P (and J) over on Sunday. JB was having his housewarming party Saturday night but I had no interest in that, so SM came back over and he and The Wife went together. When they got back, SM and I played like three hours of Gran Turismo, which was incredibly fun. One of the really fun things about it is: I don't suck at it.

Being home while my woman and one of my best friends went to my enemy's house for a party was clarifying. When she came back I really appreciated her presence and I think I was much nicer to her on Sunday as a result. Another thing that contributed to some kind of bittersweetness was that I listened to 'Jugband Blues' a couple times over the weekend. Poor Syd, and what a great song.

I made it to the gym today, but didn't do so well - only 20 minutes on the treadmill (3.1, 15) and pulldowns 4 3 3 2. No iPod, and CNBC was pretty scary, plus just not feeling that energetic - still a little sick maybe and not enough sleep. Also this creepy Italian guy that I spoke to once or twice was loitering around while I was doing the pulldowns. It's really weird being checked out - I feel sorry for the girl I was (mainly unconsciously) staring at on the subway this morning.

I was pretty sad to learn that DFW killed himself. Always thought we were going to hear more from him.

OK, that's enough for now. Got some indemnification provisions to review.

No comments: