Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back from the Desert

Eating: tilapia with 'wild' (oyster) mushrooms and Israeli couscous from the caf
Listening: Yagi Michiyo
Drinking: last of the Kunming 98

So, back from Sedona and the GC. The wedding was wonderful. I walked a lot, ran once, did not meditate, and did no work. The hammer is about to fall on the China thing - I have to produce today. I ran/walked exclusively in the FFs, and they were great, even on the sharp rocks in Sedona. The whole experience made me want to run ten miles a day. The GC was especially inspiring. We took the Little Monster down to mile 1.5 on the Bright Angel trail. The walk back up was a snap, I think the whole thing took us about 2.5 hrs. In retrospect we could have gone farther. The LM was a dream for the whole trip, but especially on the hikes - she cooed or slept pretty much the entire time. Hiking with a kid is the best, everyone is so nice to you.

In the realm of interpersonal relationships, I had a great time. JB did not come to the rehearsal dinner and was semi-isolated at the wedding. I didn't speak to him once. I had some really fun times hanging out with AS and PP without him, and we also got to see the Newlyweds at their place after the wedding, which come to think of it was the highlight of the wedding for me (that and getting so much time with the LM).

No comments: