Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The House is on Fire

Eating: Harvest Cobb from Chop't
Drinking: making some B-grade pu'er
Listening: EK's Asa Tru

I got home last night in time to spend some wonderful QT with the Little Gorilla. We put her in the Kelty backpack that we got this weekend and she had a blast playing with the straps and my head and just generally enjoying the view. While my Better Half was nursing her, I went for a run in the FFs. Just down to GAP and back, about one mile. They felt great. They are so light that I hardly notice them, and they don't flap around like the aquasocks. I think I am doing a pretty good midfoot landing too. Really, really psyched to run in Sedona.

Made it to the gym again today. I did 5 minutes hard on the erg, then 2 x 20 squats w/ bar on the bosu, then 2 x 10 deadlift to standing row to overhead press, then an agonizing 10 lunges per side with 25# barbells (I think I was supposed to do 2 x 15 - ha), then pushups on the ball 9 8 6 4, which felt good like a motherfucker, then cross-crunches, 10 per side. This is more or less based on some Outside crap that I read yesterday slash Gym Jones. Anyway it was - fuck I forgot my steeping tea. Mmm, paint thinner. Anyway it was a great workout and I feel great right now. Weights is a funny thing. Before zen came into my life, I don't think I really got the core concept, which is that you have to repeat something many, many times before you get better at it. Which is the core concept to life in general, I think.

I meditated for 18' last night, which felt pretty good. I had kind of slacked on meditating over the weekend. I only managed 5' Sunday night, because I was so tired. Not sure if the foreboding / anxiety Sunday and Monday is from not meditating, from drinking too much, from not working enough, or from the janjaweed. One thing about that though, it made me into a GT animal.

And, work. The BH is worried about my job, and I suppose she should be, because it's the apocalypse, but life will go on with or without my job, and I have been working pretty hard. My focus has generally been better than it was in Tax, but it could still improve.

No comments: