Friday, March 6, 2009

Home

Eating:  just had some pork loin, bok choi, broccoli from the Caf
Drinking:  water
Listening:  This Must Be The Place
 
(totally out of order)
WA pullups 60# 11
deadlift 135# 8
bench 135# 8
WG pulldown 100# 12
squat 165# 10
OH press 60# 12
CG pulldown 100# 12
situps 35# 12
backups 8
dips 10
 
Felt pretty good.  Next session I should not change the pulldown weights - one of the real problems I have with that area is stamina.  I should get 12-12-12 at least twice before moving up in weight. 
 
The deadlift and squat were kind of touch and go.  This kind of puzzled me.  I think of myself as having pretty strong legs but I am benching as much as I deadlift!  Any more weight on the deadlift and I will be pushing my luck with form, and the squat was actually hard too, although I bet I can do an easy 12 next time and then move up. 
 
I decided to focus on form on the backups this time, and then did them right after deadlifting, which was dumb - it's almost the same muscles.  I ended up doing my 8 with pretty good form but getting that old carsick feeling.  I hate that shit.  I wonder if I should even bother. 
 
MH and I met up for a beer last night.  He had lots of good exercise tips, although I don't remember them because I had like five lambics and then some stout.  He does Crossfit, and seemed to think that my plan of getting strong and then doing Crossfit was a good one.  I wonder how long that will take, maybe a year?

No comments: