Thursday, May 28, 2009

who speaks does not know

Eating: chocolate
Drinking: water
Listening: Metronomic Underground
 
Boxed Master of Puppets - No More Blood - Ace of Spades.  Above average intensity.
 
Rowed 5:00 / 1140m. 
 
Great little mini workout.  The boxing was intense and I felt drained afterwards.  Using the new gloves so not much wrist pain or thumb jamming, and I was able to really unwind on the bag quite a bit.  I would have done another song or two but a woman who had prior rights to the boxing area was graciously letting me go first and I wanted to bow out without her telling me to.  After rowing (kind of out of left field, that) I spent over 5 in the steam room, then cold rinse, about 3 minutes hot shower, then 3 or 4 minutes cold shower.  Needless to say, I feel incredibly good right now.  Going to head out to the welcome new meat party shortly.
 
Had lunch with RP today.  She's reading Rapt, this book about attention that was reviewed lately.  The conversation reminded me of the importance of taking time out to focus on breathing, every day.  There's no reason to not do it (rather than read internet nonsense) several times per day at work. 

No comments: