Friday, April 3, 2009

Dumbbell Day

Eating: nothing
Drinking: water
Listening: nothing
 
Ran 5' at 5.5mph
 
DB OH press 20# 12/side
DL 155# 12
squat 185# 10
WA pullups 50# 8
DB benchpress 40# 12/side
WG pulldowns 120# 6
 
A weird workout.  I have been meaning to do dumbbell versions of everything for some time, and I enjoyed it, so I might make it a regular Friday thing.  I didn't eat so well this morning (GM, bowl of cereal, and some kind of super sugary cookie) and I was kind of in insulin shock when I hit the office.  I had a normal-sized coffee, as usual.  Lunch was a steak and some roasted veggies.  Around 4 I noticed that I smelled the way I smell when I have too much coffee, only I hadn't.  Odd.  Then I had a matcha and went to the gym.  On the treadmill I felt kind of weak and hot, and the squats were a real struggle.  Everything after that was kind of a wash.  I was running around a lot today, so that might have had something to do with it too. 
 
I also have figured out what is wrong with my OH and bench press - very weak left arm.  Not a huge surprise.  Dumbbells should be good for that, right?

No comments: