Sunday, April 5, 2009

CT run

Ran 2.8 miles at a very slow (wife) pace today.  It felt really, really good.  No pain whatsoever.  I ran the big hill twice. 

Reading "Body By Science" on the Kindle.  It's superb.  I am going to try the machine method for four weeks or so.  I need to give myself time to recover from Friday so first session will be Wednesday or Thursday.  We are supposed to close on Wednesday so probably Thursday.  I skipped ahead to the chapter on training for athletes and it said train specific skills, so I am going to try to do one HIT workout a week, one Tabata (could do treadmill, thruster, rowing) and spend the rest of the time on skill development, which for now means boxing or running.  If I can get to the gym tomorrow, I was thinking of a warmup run and then 10 or so continuous minutes (Fur Immer I think is 11 minutes) on the heavy bag.

No comments: