Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another Good Decision

I have been full of good decisions lately.
 
Eating:  some pecans, almonds and hazelnuts that I brought from home, and some fancy chocolate with coconut in it
Drinking:  water, and I am making some mystery pu'er
Listening:  "Andy Warhol"
 
Tried something I read on Drew Baye's probably-not-worth-regularly-reading blog, modified because I am soft, of course.  (5 120# pulldowns, 5 pushups, 10 bosu squats) x 20 minutes.  I managed to do 11 reps!  Quite a feeling of accomplishment.  I feel like a million bucks.  I could easily do the same routine with just one or two actual pullups, if I ever find myself near an unclaimed pullup bar (the pullup bars at the gym are part of the cable machine, and there are always a million people using those).  Still can't believe I did 55 pushups and 110 squats.  Should also mention that I have been eating like a king lately.  Went to Nougatine with my mentee yesterday and had foie gras and skate, and today I'm going to Wu Liang Ye with MC, ML, BK and some friend of BK's. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stick with it, and you'll be capable of things in a few months that may surprise you.

If you're able to get an open chin up bar, place a bench underneath it and after doing as many reps as you can normally, use your legs to assist you with the positive and perform the negative slowly.

Alex said...

Thanks Drew! I really appreciate your encouragement.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, and thank you for the comments in your recent post about the Strong Enough? post.