Thursday, July 2, 2009

work work work work work run work work work work

Ran about 30 minutes
 
40# squats x 30
40# deadlifts x 30
20# overhead press x 30
3 pullups from full hang
 
Cold rinse - steam - cold shower
 
The running did not feel great, although it was feeling better by the end.  Pounding, slapping, ankles moving in weird ways.  It occured to me in the steam room that it's a matter of coordination more than anything at this point.  Just as I'd have to get in a certain groove if I were chopping vegetables, I need to get in a groove while running.  Pace, form, speed and power all need to come together.  The only way to get to this point is to keep running.  The sprints are all well and good, but the form is totally different - up on the toes - and what I really need to do is get the "hang" of medium paced running. 

No comments: