Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Quick Swim

Swam 5 laps breast stroke, then 1 length fast crawl, rest 1 minute x 4, total about 15 minutes
 
hot shower, cold rinse, quick sauna, steam, cold rinse
 
I am getting seriously strung out about this translation, so I took a short break.  I feel much better as a result.  The crawl session was an attempt to apply Tabata or periodic training to swimming, not really because I want to be a fast swimmer, although now that I think about it, why not, but for general metabolic conditioning.  It was surprisingly fun.  A length of fast crawl knocks the wind out of me, but a minute is long enough for a good recovery, and I would have done a couple more lengths if the translation hadn't been on my brain. 
 
I have fallen off of the running wagon, and I need to get back on.  I particularly miss the sprints, although I've also been wanting to do another long run with a focus on midfoot landing.  The problem is that mornings are monster time and I'll be working until late for the foreseeable future. 

No comments: