Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Trip to the Gym with BK

Eating:  just had a salad from Chop't
Drinking:  just had an espresso, should drink some water
Listening:  nothing
 
WA Pullups 60# 10
Deadlift 90# 10, 100# 10, 110# 10
Bench press 105# 12
Pulldown 130# 10
Squat 155# 12 ... sick
OH Press 60# 11
Close grip pulldown 100# 10
Weighted incline situps 35# 8
Dips 9
Backups 12
 
Felt great, totally buzzed.  My energy levels were really high and I hate to admit it but I got a kind of sick thrill out of benching more than BK (with no effort).  It is starting to dawn on me that I am making real progress, and there is a lot more progress to be made.  I will be squating body weight soon, and I might even be able to deadlift bodyweight in the next couple months.  If I am lucky enough to have a squatter again, I could bench a lot more.  I even feel pretty upbeat about the possibility of someday doing sets of pullups (although clearly there is a ways to go there).
 
I had intended to do one-armed rows and lunges, but didn't.  By the time I did the second set of pulldowns my forearms were totally pumped, and I felt like I had gotten a pretty good arm / shoulder workout, and I hate lunges.  I will have to get over that some day. 
 
Wow, I feel really good. 

No comments: