Monday, February 2, 2009

A Hard Effort

Eating:  almonds, just had an apple
Drinking:  water - delicious
Listening:  Seldin, honkyoku
 
HIT portion:
OHP 70# 9
Pulldown 150# 10
 
Cardio:
3 x 7' climb, 3' walking rest; 3.8, 3.8, 3.7
 
What a great workout.  I had a bowl of matcha before and I don't think that hurt.  I also had maybe more carbs than I usually do today, a bowl of cereal for breakfast (still standard, alas) and ramen (with extra wontons) for lunch.  Actually what I think is making the biggest difference is that I meditated this morning, as well as last night.  I am not going to achieve the falling away of body and mind meditating for ten minutes twice per day, but it sure does help me focus.  Way less clockwatching than usual on the treadmill.  I am also pretty jazzed because I had my first shakuhachi lesson yesterday.  On some level I probably knew that not being able to reliably produce any sound at all after a week is normal, but it was encouraging to hear that from an expert, and good to know that the track I am on (continued plugging away) is the right one.  Honkyoku is starting to really get a grip on me, and I get excited thinking about having that kind of control. 
 
I also registered yesterday for the Rockefeller Center stair climb, March 1.  66 floors.  It's nice because I'll have something to sustain my post trip momentum. 

No comments: